We are looking for a Project Manager to oversee the planning, implementation, and tracking of a specific project(s) which has a beginning, an end, and specified deliverables.
The project manager will manage one or more projects in different domains. This role reports directly to the Director, Program Manager and indirectly to the Project Technical Lead. The project manager will have project coordinators reporting to him/her.
The key accountabilities of the role are outlined below; however, this is an overview of the role and is not exhaustive. HUED reserves the right to assign other duties commensurate with the role as required.
- Define the scope of the project in collaboration with the Director, Program Manager, and the Project Technical Lead.
- Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Determine the resources (time, money) required to complete the project
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
- Review the project schedule and all other staff that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required
- Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion
- In consultation with the Director, Program Manager select staff with appropriate skills for the project activities
- Manage project staff according to the established policies and practices of the organization
- Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the project
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Follow the defined forms and templates in order to document project activities
- Upload project schedule over Shared Drive, and make sure that it is updated all the time.
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Report project progress, risks, and issues as per the predefined project governance
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
- Owns and monitor all project risks and issues and take appropriate actions
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
- Very good educational background, preferably in the fields of project management
- Excellent communication skills – Arabic and English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong Analytical skills
- Good Commercial awareness
- Excellent Team working skills
- Ability to motivate and influence people
- Good management and leadership skills
- 5+ of direct project management experience
- PMP/ACP will be a plus
- · BS or BA degree required
- Strong command of Arabic and English Language.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills