Service Design Internship
The world we live in is full of services. We rely on services to go on with our daily lives. If we can enhance services, we can enhance human lives. And that is what we are passionate about at HUED. Designing services that delight people !
So are you passionate about designing services, by learning service design with the leading service design agency in Saudi Arabia? Then you are at the right place!
At HUED, we are always on a lookout for exceptional talents, whether you are looking for a place to do your university COOP, or are interested in leveraging on the internship experience before joining as a full-timer.
TWO TYPES OF INTERNSHIPS
- If you are a COOP student, we offer a 1-6 months internship. The exact duration will depend on your university’s coop program and our needs.
- If you are a budding design professional (graduate with some work experience), we typically offer a 3-months internship program, and upon successful completion of the internship, you may be considered for a full-time role. So far, we have witnessed 100% “intern-to-hire” rate. Through our careful selection of talents, we intend to maintain a high conversion rate.
You will be joining a team that you will design and innovate with. You will drive your own learning and development with the guidance and coaching from your managers, mentors, and team members. This is your opportunity to learn and practice service design; experience a unique environment and spend your internship period with a passionate and diversely talented team. The work we do create a signiﬁcant impact and your engagement with us will contribute largely to that impact.
As a part of your internship you would do the following:
- Conducting research with customers and stakeholders to understand their needs and pain-points with a service
- Analyze and synthesize field data to identify main insights
- Co-create service solutions with clients, end-users and stakeholders
- Designing a service using Service Blueprints
- Designing touchpoints for a service
LEARN, DESIGN SERVICES, AND CREATE IMPACT
- Experience in Design Thinking, or Service Design
- Experience in UX Design is a plus
- Recent Graduate in Design preferably Service Design or Design Thinking
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- Being able to work remotely
- Curiosity and willingness to learn and grow
- You are proactive, able to meet deadlines, and able to explain design decisions to non-designers
- You are an exceptional communicator, and you have the knack for communicating design rationale.
Although we prefer interns with design background, we are open to consider graduates or students in business and marketing.
- Share with us your updated CV, and portfolio showcasing your work
- The first interview to be conducted with the HR and hiring manager
- You may be asked to do a Design Test
- The second interview with the Head of Design Studio, and with the Managing Partner
Internship offer, upon the successful qualification of the above
- All Internships of durations 3 months or more will be paid according to the applicable labor laws and company compensation standards.
- While internships that last between 1-2 months may not be paid. These short internships will mostly be about providing an opportunity to experience and participate in the practical aspects of our work.
Wish you the very best :)